Thursday 11 November 2010

Ambling around the Isle of Wight

I was so busy yesterday: I've managed to get all the way from Norwich to the Isle of Wight. I travelled down through the Fens, Colchester and Southend before going round London and heading for Portsmouth. The crossing to the Isle of Wight was a bit choppy though and it made me feel seasick - I'm very glad to be back on solid ground.

Although the weather's rubbish, I'm going to try to make the best of it. I'm currently in Cowes, having a wander around. There is a four day regatta here every year, which explains why there are so many expensive boats in the harbour.

All this traveling is making me tired. I'm starting to look forward to a rest at the end of my trip. I think I'll read Nicholas Nickleby when I get there, because some of it's set near my hotel.


The sea was just like this when I crossed - picture by Treehouse 1977

No comments:

Post a Comment