Tuesday 16 November 2010

Beautiful Blackpool

I'm so glad I stopped off in Blackpool. It's one of the coolest places I've ever been - even though the Illuminations have been switched off for the winter. I think I'll come back next year when they've been switched on.

While walking along the seafront I stopped and bought Santa a stick of rock. He does like his sweets, so I thought I would put it in his stocking on Christmas Eve! I wonder how they get the word Blackpool running through it...

I also met a nice donkey on the beach, but I think he was only friendly because he wanted to get close enough to eat my nose. It's a bit upsetting really.

On my way to Carlisle in Cumbria now. I have to keep my map right in front of my carrot to remind myself where I'm going. I have it all marked out to make sure that I get to my end destination and well-deserved holiday.

Best be off - I will report back here tomorrow.

Blackpool Illuminations by Henry Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment