Wednesday 17 November 2010

Eyes on the map

Woo hoo! I'm only a couple of days away from my holiday now.

I really need a rest - all of this travelling has made me tired! I've just had a look at the map, and it looks like a dot-to-dot drawing. Even my last stop is part of the picture!

I did visit Carlisle, as planned, yesterday. It's a lovely place - the locals are very friendly and helped me to find my way around. They even recommended some good places for me to go, like the Cathdral and Citadel.

I hope the people of Penrith are as welcoming. I really want to see the Henge that's there. It's known as King Arthur's Table and dates from around 2,000 BC. I missed Stonehenge on my travels, so hopefully I will see this one instead.

After that, I'll probably head into the Eden Valley for some country air - I have spent too much time in towns this week, so I'd like to have a walk in the country.

Mayburgh henge, next to King Arthur's Table,
by Le Petit Poulailler

No comments:

Post a Comment